Friday, February 1, 2008

Cruise











Jay and I had a fabulous vacation, but are also glad to be home! We cruised with Royal Caribbean on the ship "Enchantment of the Seas". It was a great experience and something that we would certainly do again. I did not get sick at all which was great! I was really nervous about that, but other than a few hours once we first embarked and a little on day 2, which I will mention later, it was smooth sailing!

We went on this cruise with some friends that we've met through church. There were 20 of us in all (10 couples) which was a lot of fun. We set sail on Saturday afternoon and spent all day Sunday at sea. The weather was still slightly cool and windy on Sunday due to a "cold" front that was leaving Florida but overall it was still pretty nice. Monday morning was our first stop in Grand Cayman. Unfortunately, as we all ate breakfast and anxiously awaiting our stop, they announced that the waters were too rough and the Harbour Master was closing the harbour. So, we had to spend an extra day at sea. This was really disappointing. For one...the waters were rough which meant I had a taste of sea-sickenss. I decided to play bingo since we were stuck on the boat another day and it hit me. The nice lady next to me loaned me a Dramamine and I spent the next few hours sleeping in the cabin. After a nice long nap, the waters seemed to calm a bit and I enjoyed the rest of the cruise. Monday night was formal night.

Tuesday was probably our favorite day of the trip. We arrived in Ocho Rios, Jamaica early and some of our group went tubing down the White River, then spent a few hours on Mahogany Beach before meeting up with the rest of our group at Margaritaville. It was such a nice day! Wednesday was another day at sea and Thursday morning we arrived back in Ft. Lauderdale. We had a great time, but were ready to come home and were badly missing the kids by the end. It's always nice to get away, but there's NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

No comments: