Monday, January 15, 2007

Our Neighborhood Gator




As you may know, our house is next to the neighborhood pond, and we have a small alligator that goes back and forth from our pond and the lake a mile away (through the underground pipes, we believe). Yesterday he was sunbathing and I was finally able to get a good picture. He's usually in the water, or jumps in as soon as he sees or hears us. This one was taken from just outside Elle's bedroom window in our back yard. I did zoom in quite a bit, so we aren't really that close, but you get the picture. Luckily, they don't climb fences! The bottom picture is of the corner of our house, and the pond...just to give you an idea of how close we are. I'm still not quite used to checking the yard for gators before sending the kids out to play!

No comments: